Written by contributor Lauren Lowe of The Burlap Bag
Hi friends. Over at the Burlap Bag, we’re all about reusing and recycling. We’re also all about fun and easy decorations!
Combine the two, and we’ve created a fun how-to for heart garlands. These are similar to paper chains, but they form hearts instead.
How to make heart garlands:
1. Get some fun paper strips, around 4-6 inches long. Our strips were from an old atlas. I LOVE the way the maps look! If the strips are smaller, that’s ok, your hearts will just be smaller.
2. Form a heart by hot glueing (or stapling) the two ends together.
3. We also glued the bottom to make it more heart-like. An optional step, but we liked the hearts better this way.
4. Repeat and make a bunch of these hearts.
5. Put some glue in the top crevice of a heart.
6. Stick the bottom of one heart into that glue.
7. Repeat and you’re forming a fun garland!
8. Make it as long as you want and then do something awesome with it! We actually made ours into a wreath by connecting the two end hearts. This could be a fun addition to a centerpiece, or you could string them in a doorway, or whatever you want! These would be a fun kid project.
There’s tons of paper options out there… and so many possibilities of where to hang these. What would you do?